- Wind-Removing Pose compresses and massages the ascending colon and descending colon.
- It also messages the transverse colon and compresses the entire digestive system.
- It strengthens the arms, prevents flatulence, improves hip flexibility, and firms the abdomen and thighs.
- Keep your elbows close to the body.
- Fully interlace the fingers all the way to the webbing and take hold of the raised leg two inches below the knee.
- Keep pulling to your same shoulder until you feel a pinch in your hip joint.
- Keep both of your shoulders all the way on the floor.
- When you are pulling in both of your knees look down through the diamond that is created between your arms and legs.
- If you can't reach both of your elbows when pulling on both of your knees, keep trying! One day you will be able to grab both elbows.
- If your arms keep slipping when grabbing both elbows, imagine that you are trying to push your knees down towards your buttocks. If you are trying to pull your knees up towards your face, your arms are likely to slip.
- Try not to wear body lotion before class. It can really make postures more difficult by causing your grip to be slippery.