This is a nice review, especially since we have so many new students to our studio!
- Sign in for each class at the front desk.
- Remove and put your shoes in the lobby area. No shoes are permitted in the changing rooms or practice room.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins to get set up in the yoga room (New students arrive 15 minutes early).
- Please bring only towel, mat, and water into the yoga room (no cell phones).
- Avoid wearing perfume, scented lotions, and excess jewelry or watches.
- Enter the yoga room silently. Practice and observe silence in the yoga room as students may be meditating.
- Make sure you can see yourself in the mirror, but also be sure the people behind you can see themselves as well.
- Refrain from talking in class. Practice and observe silence in the yoga room. If you have questions for the teacher, please ask before or after class in the lobby.
- Practice in the front row only when you feel you are ready to be a role model to those behind you.
- Do your best to stay in the room once class begins. If you must leave, please let the teacher know and return between postures.
- Focus on yourself in the mirror.
- Practice stillness in between postures.
- Listen to your body and take a break if you need to.
- Try to refrain from drinking water until "Party Time" right after Eagle Pose. This will allow your body to warm up properly. After that, take small sips of water as needed but only in between postures so you won't distract those around you who may be in a posture.
- Refrain from using hand towels to wipe sweat from your body during class. Your body cools naturally through perspiration.
- Wait until the final savasana to use your cold hand towel that is passed out at the end of class.
- Have fun...and remember this is your practice.
- Practice and observe silence after the final savasana. This is your time for meditation. Try to relax for at least 2 minutes.
- Use a mop located at the back of the yoga room to clean up any sweat or water from your water bottle.
- Leave the yoga room quietly by walking softly, rolling your mat carefully, and shutting the door gently.
- Leave your cold hand towel in the purple bucket just outside the yoga room door.
- Bring rented towels and mats back to the front desk when you are finished with them.
- Please be mindful of the time. Be aware of students coming in for the next class who might need your space if the class is full.
- Take all of your items home with you (clothing, mat, towels, water bottles).
- Thank your teacher before you leave, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.
- Enjoy the peace and energy you have within you. Come back tomorrow!